[texhax] () instead of [] in bibliography

arvind mer arvindmer at gmail.com
Sat Jun 27 21:44:50 CEST 2009

Hi,

Whenever I am citing anything in my tex file, in output I am getting number
inside the *round brackets *() instead of *square brackets* [] .

Is this a problem with the bibliography style that I am using (
\bibliographystyle{plain} )   or the problem is with the style (.cls) file.

For example in my tex document I am citing the research papers as

Some text and then \cite{my_key}

And in the final PDF I am getting

Some text and then (1)

So the problem is that, in the final PDF file the citation number is inside
the (1) but I want as [1] .

What should I do ??

--
Regards