[texhax] typesetting of a critical text editiom [parallel, "paired" fn]

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Fri Jun 19 21:45:04 CEST 2009

1. Regarding ledpar, enter `ledpar' on http://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/.

2. "Paired footnotes" have been implemented with bigfoot, not with ledmac/ledpar. However, this may not be so difficult. Along the previous item, you find the ledmac/ledpar developpers/maintainers.

3. For "original" even pages, "translation" odd pages, there is always the "brute" method: typeset original and translation as different LaTeX documents, augmenting the page number by 2 each, print them, sort the pages at a table using your hands, eyes, brain ... Roy Flechner told me that the fancyhdr package is helpful for this.

4. I would like to improve "parallel" functionality with manyfoot, bigfoot, lineno, ednotes on this, but this needs funding ... and I even cannot afford organizing this right now.

... Uwe.