[texhax] 'verbatim' inside 'raisebox'?

T Ziomek ctz001 at email.mot.com
Wed Jun 17 17:43:38 CEST 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 10:16:51AM +0200, Uwe Lueck wrote:
> T Ziomek <ctz001 at email.mot.com> schrieb am 17.06.2009 02:43:07:
> > P.S.  Are you aware your email client is not maintaining threading when
> > replying?  It causes your replies to appear "out of thread" in the ar-
> > chive.  For example this thread is at
> > <http://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/2009-June/thread.html#12646> and the
> > replies from Tom S, Martin S and E. Krishnan appear threaded but yours
> > appears as a new, separate thread.  My MUA (mutt) handles it better but
> > still indicates a break in the thread (that doesn't really exist).
> >     Just FYI...not a big deal but maybe worth fixing if practical.
>
> Thanks for the information -- what can I do about it?
>
> Until last year I used Eudora on a PC, now I prefer using the online
> mail program from web.de. Don't other posters here use it as well?

[If we're to discuss this any further we should probably take it private
 a/c it's off-topic for the TeX maillists...]

I'm no email expert, but looking at the headers from the replies I re-
ceived the others contain "References:" and "In-reply-to:" headers (see
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Email>) but yours does not, and I think
that's the problem.  The normal answer would probably to change your MUA
(email client) configuration, or change MUAs if your current one is
incapable of generating the proper headers.  I'm not familiar w/ web.de
but assuming it's a web-based email service like GMail then probably all
you can do is ask them to change (I'd argue, "fix") its behavior.

Tom
--
A: Because it breaks the logical        |
    flow of the message.                |   Email to user 'CTZ001'
                                        |             at 'email.mot.com'
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?     |