[texhax] A question about \halign

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 12:34:06 CEST 2009

Hi all.

In plain TeX, I have the following problem:

I have the following alignment:

\halign to \hsize{%
      \vtop{\parindent=0pt\hsize=105mm\hangindent 0em\strut#\hfill\strut}%
      \tabskip=0cm plus20cm minus20cm&\hfil#\tabskip=0pt\cr
      bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla
      bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla &bnbnbnbnb\cr}

\bye

Now, I want that, when the first argument is very long and continues over a
second line, the second argument is put on the second line as well (in the
above example it is put on the first line, instead).

Please help about this matter.

Thanks in advance
Rodolfo