[texhax] how to use lettergothic?

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 00:29:59 CET 2009

Running 64-bit Kubuntu 8.10.

I installed the lettergothic font using the getnonfreefonts script. But
obviously using it is more complicated than I assumed.

I tried the obvious:
  \font\rm=lettergothic
  \rm

but when I tried to compile the .tex file (plain TeX), I got:

----

mktextfm: Running mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode;
input lettergothic
This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)

kpathsea: Running mktexmf lettergothic
! I can't find file `lettergothic'.
<*> ...ur; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lettergothic

Please type another input file name
! Emergency stop.
<*> ...ur; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input lettergothic

Transcript written on mfput.log.
grep: lettergothic.log: No such file or directory
mktextfm: `mf-nowin -progname=mf \mode:=ljfour; mag:=1; nonstopmode; input
lettergothic' failed to make lettergothic.tfm.
kpathsea: Appending font creation commands to missfont.log.

! Font \rm=lettergothic not loadable: Metric (TFM) file not found.
<to be read again>
                   \par
l.63

? x

----

The .tex file compiles fine if I use Latin Modern.

So what else does one need to do after running getnonfreefonts?

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR