[texhax] Migrating from Windows to Mac

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Sun Dec 13 20:34:31 CET 2009

Gentlepersons:

I am in the process of migrating from Windows XP to a MacBook Pro (Snow
Leopard), and have simply copied a number of files from the Windows XP
machine to the Mac Via an external hard disk and a memory stick. I then
find that files which compile (to PDF) perfectly OK on the Windows
machine give me an error message on the very first line, the
\documentclass one gives me an error message: undefined control
sequence.  On the next line: \documentclass etc.

This is when using TeXworks on the Mac, and probably TeXLive.

Tom