[texhax] Texlive and fonts

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Aug 30 13:48:56 CEST 2009

On  30 Aug, 2009, at 02:49, Henrik Frisk wrote:

> [...]
>
> http://tug.org/fonts/fontinstall.html
>
> OK, I followed thes instructions but I still can't seem to get it to
> work. As far as I can tell, everything looks good, files are in the
> right locations and the filename database is updated as it should.
> But running
>
> $ pdftex testfont
>
> causes the following error
>
> pdfTeX warning: pdftex (file padb8r): Font padb8r at 600 not found
>
> whereas
>
> $ tex testfont
>
> works fine.

As you are using TeXLive 2007, I think updmap should update (or
create) psfonts_t1.map in /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvips/updmap/ and
pdftex_dl14.map in /var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap/, with
information of your added fonts. Does it?

I'm sorry I can't help you, as I don't use TeXLive 2007.

Best,

Axel