[texhax] Multi-part document

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Tue Aug 25 08:06:05 CEST 2009

On  24 Aug, 2009, at 09:24, krishna dev oruganty wrote:

> I have a general question in Latex2.0. I have to write a book, which
> will have two main sections (with titles). I want the chapter
> numbers to be continuous but in two different blocks. So the
> organisation is as follows :
>
> Chapter 1 - Introduction
> Section - I (Title of section I)
> Chapter 2 - blah blah
> Chapter 3 - blah blah
> Chapter 4 - blah blah
> Section - II (Title of section - II)
> Chapter 5 - blah blah
> [...]
>
>  I want to insert a page after a section ends, giving the title of
> the section (before chapter2 and chapter 5). Is there a package
> which will allow me to define groups of chapters in this way and
> automatically include these sections in the table of contents ?

LaTeX itself (but of course there are packages for customizing the
look of sectioning environments and table of contents).

What you call section is called part in LaTeX (and publishing houses).
See the lshort.pdf in

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/lshort/english/

especially section 2.7 Titles, Chapters, and Sections (pp.35 and ff.).

Best,

Axel