[texhax] TeX -> epub

D. R. Evans doc.evans at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 23:59:17 CEST 2009

Yuri Robbers said the following at 08/10/2009 08:28 AM :
> Hi Doc,
> I think this would be the right forum to ask. I have no personal experience
> with this type of conversion, but I would suggest the following:
>
> 1) convert TeX to html using one of the many available converters (tex2html,
> tex4ht, etc.)

I'll try using tex4ht (as also suggested by Martin) and see how close to
usable the result is.

I realise that it's really quite a hard problem to go from input that's
supposed to define real typography to something that's basically mark-up; I
have several quite low-level macros to handle some special cases, and I'll
be quite surprised if they they transfer intelligently -- but I'm hoping.

> I remember having read about an effort to write an opensource tex2epub
> program that is close to completion, but the source eludes me at the moment.
> I'll write again if I remember the source...

Google turned up zero hits on "tex2epub", and I tried a few other
reasonable searches but couldn't discover anything useful :-(

  Doc

--
Web:  http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR