[texhax] TeX -> epub

Yuri Robbers yuri.robbers at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 16:28:26 CEST 2009

Hi Doc,
I think this would be the right forum to ask. I have no personal experience
with this type of conversion, but I would suggest the following:

1) convert TeX to html using one of the many available converters (tex2html,
tex4ht, etc.)

2) convert the html file you obtained in step 1 to epub using either getepub
(http://www.bookglutton.com/api/docs/d/getepub) or Calibre (
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/download)

Since epub is an xhtml+css+mathml based standard, I'm sure this qould at
least get you something decent to work with that you can then improve upon,
if needed.

I remember having read about an effort to write an opensource tex2epub
program that is close to completion, but the source eludes me at the moment.
I'll write again if I remember the source...

Cheers,
Yuri.