[texhax] visibility of variables through \rput

Toby Cubitt tsc25 at cantab.net
Mon Aug 10 10:45:02 CEST 2009

Herbert Voss wrote:
> Brandon Kuczenski schrieb:
>
>> Thank you- that seems to work great.  Two follow-up questions: what's a
>> good reference to understand scoping in TeX?  and if I were to put this
>> command declaration with related ones in a .sty file, well.. what's a
>> good reference to understand how to do that well?  Learning by trial and
>> error (and texhax as a last resort) is getting tiring.
>
> The LaTeX Companion
>
> and a lot of helpful information is here:
> http://mirror.ctan.org/info/

TeX by Topic (http://eijkhout.net/texbytopic/texbytopic.html) is also very
useful.

And, not specifically for scoping but for other low-level things, the
LaTeX source itself (the source2e.pdf file somewhere in your texmf tree)
is much more helpful than your average source code, since it's written in
literate programming style.

HTH,

Toby