[texhax] Colorful LaTeX Terminal Output

Pierre MacKay pierre.mackay at comcast.net
Mon Apr 27 02:07:35 CEST 2009

Oleg Katsitadze wrote:

>I think that nowadays people mostly use text editors to run TeX, and
>those editors probably never process the color escapes in the output.
>So most users will just see junk in their output.  But as a local hack
>for a specific use this seems like a cool idea :).
>
>Best,
>Oleg

The tex-mode I use in emacs already gives me some really useful color on
input, and since its default run mode is to split the screen and dump
out the simplified log file in a separate window, I wonder if that
output coule be searched for patterns that would produce colors.  I can
see some real time-saving possibilities in that, particularly in the
cascading error information that quite often hides some really useful
debugging hints.  I am pretty well convinced that emacs lisp can do
anything.

Pierre MacKay