[texhax] Failed to convert input string to UTF16

Jesús Guillermo Andrade jgandradev at mac.com
Wed Apr 15 19:02:21 CEST 2009

Hello everyone! Im using Lyx 1.6.2 with the latest version of Texlive.
Im trying to get Linux libertine font in my system to work but althoug
I get results, there are some characters in the titles that are in
chinese! but in fact, they are spanish accentuated chars. Why are the
chinese chars appearing?

This is my current preamble. Mind that all the fonts are installed and
they work.... I surmise the problem is related with the encoding? But
I set the encoding to UTF-8 (Xetex)

% !TEX TS−program = xetex
% !TEX encoding = UTF−8 Unicode
%---------------------------------------------------------------
% Carga de Paquetes.
%---------------------------------------------------------------
% Libertine FONT
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{xelibertine}
\@ifundefined{XeTeXversion}{}{%
\usepackage{fontspec}%
\setromanfont[Mapping=tex−text]{Linux Libertine O}%
\setsansfont[Mapping=tex−text]{Linux Biolinum O}%
\setmonofont[Mapping=tex−text,Scale=0.9]{Courier New}%
\defaultfontfeatures{Scale=MatchLowercase}
}%
\usepackage{xunicode}
\usepackage{xltxtra}

After I run xetex, I get this error

** WARNING ** Failed to convert input string to UTF16...
** WARNING ** Failed to convert input string to UTF16...

What is wrong... this is supposed to work but so far... but Im
stucked. Can you help me?
Thanks

Cualquier intento de simplificar las cosas sólo causa mayor
confusión. Ley de Comunicaciones.
Jesús Guillermo Andrade (Abg.)
Gerente de Litigios y Corporativo. EDM. AC. API.
Andrade & Moreno S.C. (http://amlegal.wordpress.com/)