[texhax] passing arguments as a delimited list

Yo Sato yosato16 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 19:19:14 CEST 2009

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for your response, which is very useful. But as it happens it's
not quite what I wanted. I'd rather apply different actions on the
items in a list, or pass them to different commands or different
arguments of a command.

For example, I'd like to execute

\myMacro[item1,item2,item3]

which calls different commands

\newcommand{\myMacros}[1][]{%
  parse the list argument and
  \command1{item1}
  \command2{item2}
  \command3{item3}
}

or passes them to a single command

\newcommand{\myMacros}[1][]{%
  parse the list argument, assign item1-3 to \first, \second, \third and
  \somecommand{\first}{\second}{\third}
}

Is this a possibility?

Yo