[texhax] Please, Can You Help with Installation ?

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Thu Apr 2 11:47:52 CEST 2009

Am Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:00:14 -0700 (PDT) schrieb Dicle Ertan:

> Dear TUG Support,
>
> I am trying to install and then hopefully use LATEX.

> Reading through Thomas Feuerstack's "The Quickest Way to a TEX
> System", I see that I have to install MIKTEX, TEXNIC CENTER,
> GHOSTSCRIPT AND GSVIEW in order. However, when I unzipped the
> above snapshot, I saw that there are hundreds of zipped and
> unzipped files and I do not know where to start.

To install miktex

http://docs.miktex.org/manual/installing.html

(I always use the basic installer, I install miktex on my account as
single user, then get the cm-super fonts with the package manager
and get the rest of the packages I need on-the-fly).

I don't have texniccenter (I'm using winedt), but I would simply
follow the instructions on http://www.texniccenter.org/ to install
it.

Ghostscript isn't really necessary as a start, but if you want it:

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/gsview/

Install ghostscript first, then gsview. It is a simple, standard
windows installation.

--
Ulrike Fischer