[texhax] table running over two columns

Hartmut Henkel hartmut_henkel at gmx.de
Mon Sep 1 20:52:59 CEST 2008

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008, Jan de Ruijter wrote:

> I want to make a table with two columns. in the first column is a
> question and in the second (alligned) the answer. now I want this
> table to be printed on a page with two columns. I mean the table (with
> two the columns) begins in left column on the page. and now the
> difficult part: how can I arrange that after filling up the left
> column on the page, the (two column) table continues at the beginning
> of the right column of this page?

maybe switch to single-column mode just before \begin{tabular} (which
should be a non-float item). The two text columns above the table will
balance to same length. Use the tabularx package to stretch the table to
the full \textwidth, if you like. After the table proceed in 2-column
mode. This should give a rather logic reading sequence.

Regards, Hartmut