[texhax] page breaking figures

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Fri Oct 24 09:45:01 CEST 2008

also sprach martin f krafft <madduck at madduck.net> [2008.10.23.2055 +0200]:
> I found the nonfloat package, which promises to do the latter, but
> it appears overly complex, and the examples use minipages, which
> have the same problem: they won't break across pages, right?

Actually, after a good night's sleep, everything seems a bit easier:

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fancyvrb}
\usepackage{nonfloat}
\begin{document}
\VerbatimInput[frame=lines,framesep=1em,label={[Begin of file]End of file}]{/etc/services}
\figcaption{The file /etc/services}
\end{document}

I'd still prefer if there was a caption on every page, and on the
top of every page there was a continuation notice, but this will do
for now.

If anyone has a better idea, please let me know!

"there are two major products that come out of berkeley: lsd and unix."
 one caused me an addiction
                                                             -- fyodor

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net