[texhax] Problem with dreating ps file

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:38:54 CEST 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:53 PM, Mukesh Garg
<mukesh.garg at aptaracorp.com> wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>

> We are working on UNIX platform and using TeTeX.
>

> My chapter has 3 GB of arts. When I am creating the ps file using dvips
> command, we are not getting the complete ps file. Sometimes, it is creating
> 2 GB .ps file and sometimes only 1 GB.
>

> Can you please help me resolving this issue. The command I am using to
> create .ps file is
>

> dvips –j0 –G0 –Ppdf filename

A week ago one of our posdocs encountered the similar problem with
1,000,000 dvi file and dying dvips (he had me think twice as big
file). However pdflatex worked well; may be it will work for you too
(if your art is in ps or eps you can convert it in pdf).

HTH