[texhax] Doubts

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Oct 5 05:23:45 CEST 2008

chandrasekhar s writes:

 > I am an undergraduate and I have some doubts in Latex. I need the
 > procedure for creating own packages in detail. It would be really nice
 > if you explain it briefly.
 >
 > To be specific there is a writing style called as "Edwardian Script"
 > in Ms word. I need that to be available in Latex.

Hi Chandrasekhar,
creating the tfm and fd files needed by latex is not trivial.  Maybe
it's easier to use xelatex instead of latex.  xetex supports system
fonts (fonts in c:/windows/fonts) directly.  No conversion required.

  http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25