[texhax] Help with SOP writing..

Marcos Ablanque fmablan at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 1 14:42:21 CEST 2008

Hello,

I discovered Latex recently and think is just great. I've been working
Latex under Kile and Lyx.
I would like to transform/write some lab protocols, but none of the
standard latex document class fits the purpose correctly. Page headers
style and information, as well as document structure required in SOP are
not the same as for a normal publications.
I've been trying/playing with the fancyheaders package and with document
class creation, but with very poor results (specially for the document
class): I'm just a beginner on the matter, I also searched for any
SOP-like latex layout/example already available on the web with no
results. I know now that making a new document class is too ambitious
for my skills, so never mind on that. Common sense tell me to to work
with one of the available classes. However, before investing more time
on it I would like to ask if there is something close to SOP like
(fulfilling ISO req) already somewhere, and if not, If you could hand me
some hints on how to proceed. The specific points I'm stuck with are:
- How to make boxed headers (minor proplem, more a wish than a
requirement)
- How to ignore/oversee the general page numeration and replace it by
specific SOP page numbers.
- Making the headers appear only at the starting of each individual SOP.

Thanks for your attention.

Best regards,

Marcos Ablanque