[texhax] How to dereference a \ref in a command definition?

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sat May 17 13:45:54 CEST 2008

also sprach Morten Høgholm <morten.hoegholm at gmail.com> [2008.05.17.1208 +0100]:
> \getrefnumber from the refcount package.

Ah, nice. Except in my thesis, I still get

! Use of \\aref doesn't match its definition.
\@ifnextchar ... \reserved at d =#1\def \reserved at a {
                                                  #2}\def \reserved at b {#3}\f...
l.52 ... documents, the \ac{DFSG} (see \aref{dfsg}
                                                  ), a part of \D{}'s

No idea what this is about... and no idea how to recreate that in
the test case...

only by counting could humans demonstrate
their independence of computers.
            -- douglas adams, "the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy"

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net