[texhax] cellcolor woes

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Sat Jun 21 05:37:22 CEST 2008

Keith Hellman <khellman at mcprogramming.com> writes:

> Attached is some code demonsrating for a little problem I'm
> having using \cellcolor in a table.
>
> When DoCellColoring is defined to use cellcolor, the \clines from the
> end of the previous row are being covered up.

Yes.  Although array.sty fixes \hline so it does not overlap the
area occupied by the cell, \cline still overlaps.  It has to do so
because multiple \cline commands must be at the same level.  If
you put something big in a tabular cell ($\displaystyle\int$) you
see that a \cline partially overlaps the text.

I think major tricky rewriting of \cline and tabular would be
needed to fix this well.

If there are no vertical lines, you can use

 ..& .. \\[.5\arrayrulewidth]
 \cline{} \cline{}
 \noalign{\vspace{.5\arrayrulewidth}}

If there are vertical lines it is very difficult, but maybe arydshln
is compatible with colortbl?

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca