[texhax] subtables within a table on different pages

Arvind Marathe bahuroopi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 15:35:16 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 6:20 PM, Samuel Lelievre
<samuel.lelievre.tex at free.fr> wrote:
> Arvind Marathe asked:
>
>>  I have 4 tables, each one big enough to occupy a page. Right
>>  now, I have for each table:
>>

>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>  \begin{table*}
>>  \begin{center}
>>  \resizebox{14cm}{!} {
>>  \begin{tabular} {c | c | c c | c c | c c}
>>                     .
>>                     .
>>
>>  \end{tabular}
>>  }
>>  \end{center}
>>  \caption{}
>>  \end{table*}
>>

>> -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>  But i want all 4 tables as subtables of one table, but with each
>>  subtable on a different page. How do i achieve it? \pagebreak[]
>>  does not seem to work.
>
> The package longtable will let you have tables that run over several
> pages.

Thanks Samuel, but that is not what i want. I will try to elaborate.

They are 4 separate tables, but i want them to be numbered as say
table(1a), table(1b), table(1c), table(1d). So i want each of them as
a subtable in table 1. The subtable package does this, but it tries to
squeeze all 4 subtables into a single page. \pagebreak does not work
within a table. Nor do i see any option to have \subtable and/or
\pagebreak within a \longtable.

To summarize, i want 4 subtables of a single table on 4 successive
pages of the manuscript. But \subtable[] squeezes all of them on a
single page. Please provide a solution.

Thanks.

Arvind