[texhax] MacTeX question

Will Rosenbaum will.rosenbaum at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 23:19:58 CEST 2008

Hi,
I recently installed MacTeX on my MacBook running Panther, and I am having
trouble with MacTeX recognizing a new class files. I made a dummy class
"myclass.cls" and copied it to "~/Library/texmf/tex/latex" but when I try to
compile a tex file that uses "myclass" I get an error saying "LaTeX Error:
File 'myclass.cls' not found." I looked at
"/usr/local/texlive/2007/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf" and made sure that TEXMFHOME
was set to "$HOME/Libarary/texmf" and I tried using texhash, but after doing
so I still got the same error when trying to typeset my file. Why might this
be happening?

Thanks,

Will