[texhax] lilypond/latex and vertical spacing

debian debian at benburb.demon.co.uk
Thu Jan 24 17:53:30 CET 2008

Please,

I am trying to use lilypond-book (2.11.37) and latex (pdfeTeX
3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)).

Essentially I am including a lot of 16 bar tunes into a collection,
intermixed with text.

Everything is working well and I am enjoying the processes involved.
Thank you all very much indeed.

But, I find that the vertical placement of the tunes is not
consistent.  Sometimes there are large gaps between tunes and
sometimes tunes do not start at the top of the page.  My code consists
of lots and lots of:

\begin{figure}
\lilypond-file{mylily.lf}
\end{figure}

I need to make sure that no tune involves a page break, that there is
consistent top margins and that the white space between tunes is
consistent.

The people over at lilypond-user at gnu.org admit this problem and
recommend I dump latex and do the whole job using lily :-(

Lily produces a _lot_ of eps files and I have tried lots and lots of:

\begin{figure}
\includegraphics{lily-book-produced.eps}
\end{figure}

on these directly and skipping the lilypond-book stage.  The results
are no better.

Can I change my \includegraphics somehow ?  Should I try editing (the
eps boundary box's) ..... Any other suggestions ?

Thanks

Joe Mc Cool