[texhax] hyphenation

justanotheradress at gmail.com justanotheradress at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 21:49:15 CET 2008

On Jan 15, 2008 3:34 PM, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2008/1/15, justanotheradress at gmail.com <justanotheradress at gmail.com>:
> > I just don't like when LaTeX hyphenates words after 2 characters or/and
> only
> > 3 characters at the end. I would like to change this in a easy way and I
> > don't wanna do this for every mishyphened word as this is not efficient
> in a
> > big report. Further this should work for every language (well, for me
> only
> > english and german, but I'm sure other could use it too).
>
> \lefthyphenmin3\righthypenmin2 for every language.
>
> Best
>   Martin
>
> PS: Stop top-posting.
> <postmaster at tug.org>

I've got the working answer from Donald Arseneau:

*\renewcommand\englishhyphenmins{{4}{5}}

*
As for the top posting: Sorry, I didn't realize that. I'm used to
nabble.com or just using my gmail and there is the default setting
top-posting. Strange enough that it sometimes works and sometimes
not...however, sorry about that.
*
*