[texhax] TEX 2008

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 08:25:35 CET 2008

On  31 Jan, 2008, at 16:11, Louis S VanSlyck wrote:

> The membership renewal form is a little confusing.

I don't know about this, but...

> I'm about to update my G4 running OS X 10.9

Leopard is 10.5; I'm still using Tiger (10.4).

> to a MacMini

Congratulations!

> I wan't to upgrade from TEX Shop to the latest version.

TeXShop is really a front-end to a TeX distribution. I guess what you
mean is you're using gwTeX. But be sure, when you install MacTeX,
that you have the latest TeXShop version; see

http://www.uoregon.edu/~koch/texshop/

> Along with my dues should I purchase TEX Live 2008, or do I need
> MacTEX?

With our membership we receive a DVD with distributions for Linux,
Mac (MacTeX) and Windows, but you'll have to wait till summer for
TeXLive 2008. You can download MacTeX from

http://www.tug.org/mactex/

If you subscribe to the TeX on Mac OS X mailing list