[texhax] problem installing TeX with Leopard

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 03:21:49 CET 2008

On Feb 2, 2008, at 20:07, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> Hi Christophe,
>
> CHRISTOPHE CHAMLEY writes:
>> I joined this morning TUG.
>
> Welcome.
>
>> /usr/local/teTeX/in/i386-apple-darwin-current/pdftex does not exist.
>
> It should be:
>
>  /usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current/pdftex
>                  -^-

So sorry I didn't spot this before! But no ---the TeXShop (and any
other front-end) path should be

/usr/texbin

which is a symbolic link for any active TeX distribution on the Mac
(TeXLive ---a.k.a. MacTeX---, gwTeX, teTeX, fink or MacPorts).

But, anayway, Christophe, I advise you to join the TeX on Mac OS X
mailing list.

Best,

Axel