[texhax] current position in output

tom sgouros tomfool at as220.org
Sun Dec 28 05:51:34 CET 2008

To the OP: Reinhard is mostly right and you should take Martin's advice.
My advice is impractical, perhaps, but it works.  Some years ago I used
\pagegoal and \pagetotal in a package to insert predefined material on
specific pages throughout a document, and it works ok for me.  See
examples at whatcheer.net, in the newsletter archive section on the left
side.  The masthead, subscription form, and mailer are all handled this
way.

Thanks,

 -tom