[texhax] headline vertical boxing.

Ludwig Mises ludwigmises at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 03:52:45 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 11:01 PM, Nina Mazumdar <nina.mazumdar at gmail.com> wrote:

> With the insertion of \strut just before \bigfont kept the rule
> exactly at same location in all page headers.  Sorry, I could not
> replicate your problem.  I do not have cmbx14, instead I have used
> cmbx12, that is the only difference I can see.

Looks like I spoke too soon.  It also looks like there was more to the
problem than I originally thought; I didn't describe it well enough
either since I didn't describe what was being passed in.

Try the following for the first and second page headers:

\header{gary 25$^{\raise.5ex\hbox{\littlefont th}}$}{gary indiana}

\header{Gari Indiana}{Gari indiana}

While the \strut clearly helped, it hasn't eliminated the spacing
alignment entirely.  I'll look into \smash next.

Ludwig