[texhax] headline vertical boxing.

Nina Mazumdar nina.mazumdar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 07:01:35 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 3:51 AM, Ludwig Mises <ludwigmises at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I'm trying to create a custom headline.  Looks something like this:
>
> \magnification=\magstep3
> \font\bigfont=cmbx14
> \font\littlefont=cmbx6
>
> \def\header#1#2{
> \headline={\vbox{\hbox to \hsize{{\bigfont #1} \hfill {\littlefont #2}}
>  \vskip 2pt
>  \hrule height 2pt}}
> }

 \def\header#1#2{
 \headline={\vbox{\hbox to \hsize{{\strut\bigfont #1} \hfill {\littlefont #2}}
  \vskip 2pt
  \hrule height 2pt}}
 }

With the insertion of \strut just before \bigfont kept the rule
exactly at same location in all page headers.  Sorry, I could not
replicate your problem.  I do not have cmbx14, instead I have used
cmbx12, that is the only difference I can see.

Best regards

--
Nina