[texhax] tabular

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Wed Apr 9 03:25:30 CEST 2008

"Bryan W. Lepore" <Bryan.Lepore at umassmed.edu> writes:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2008, Donald Arseneau wrote:
> > "Bryan W. Lepore" <Bryan.Lepore at umassmed.edu> writes:
> >> i was hoping i could simply reset the width where i want as i proceed in the
> >> table.
> >
> > If this means you want to change the column widths part way through the
> > table, that is not going to work -- it is just the opposite of what a table
> > is supposed to be.
>
> exactly.

Oh oh.  Then you will have to make two separate tabular environments,
or use a tabbing environment.

> > My crystal ball suggests you are looking for the tabulary package.
>
> i'll check it out.

I think tabulary is better than changing column widths, but it sounds
like it isn't what you seek.

I recall "supertabular" had the behavior that the column widths
were set independently for each page of its multi-page tables.

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca