[texhax] BibTex Query

Lisa Majmin lmajmin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 21:58:14 CEST 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

I really hope you can assist me. I have WinEdt v5.5 and have only recently
been using it on my computer. The problem I have is that when I use BibTex,
the reference article come up in the reference section, but in the text
body, there is (?) in place of the usual numbering. In the preamble, I have
the following:

\documentclass[a4paper,11pt]{amsart}
\usepackage{amsmath,amssymb,euscript,epsfig,graphics,harvard}

and before \end{document}, I have:

\bibliography{publications}
\bibliographystyle{agsm}

Where publications.bib is my list of references and the file agsm.bst is in
both the program files for Winedt, and in the folder where the document I'm
trying to compile is.

Can you please tell me why I am experiencing this and what may be the
problem?

Thanking you in advance.

Kindest regards,
Lisa Majmin.