[texhax] ANN: MathTran Instant Preview web-based editor for mathematics

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Apr 1 12:58:18 CEST 2008

Jonathan:

> This morning seems to be a good time to make an interesting and amusing
> announcement, so here goes.
>
> I've placed at
>      http://www.mathtran.org/toys/jfine/editor2.html
> an instant preview web-based TeX system, complete with a built-in help
> system (although some more help pages would be nice).
>
> It's only a toy, but it does show what's possible.
>
> The source is available at
>      http://code.google.com/p/mathtran-javascript/

Indeed!

I added it to my resource page (under "Getting Started")

http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html

and found that there is another previewer by Troy Henderson:

http://www.tlhiv.org/LaTeXpreviewer/

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu