[texhax] Cannot use \makeindex and pst-pdf

Bart Wise tug at wiseguysweb.com
Fri Sep 21 03:27:08 CEST 2007

I have been trying to get pst-pdf to work with makeindex with no success.  I
am using ps4pdf to compile and I get the following error:

! LaTeX Error: Missing \begin{document}.

This occurs with the first LaTeX run.  If I remove either the pst-pdf package
or all of the indexing commands, it works; however, together I cannot get it
to compile.

How do I get pst-pdf and indexing to work?

Code snippet:

Here's an image:
\begin{postscript}[frame=false,showname=false]  % must have
      \includegraphics[bb=0 0 73 51]{images/image-1.eps}

Here's some text.
Here's \index{some}some \index{more}more \index{text}text.