[texhax] dramatist: line numbering

John Burt burt at brandeis.edu
Fri Sep 14 00:09:59 CEST 2007

OK. Now I understand. You have in mind situations where one verse
line is divided among several speakers:
Caesar:
I have just now arrived from Rome!
Brutus:
                                                                Oh no!

This would be one iambic pentameter line. I think you do want to use
the poemscol package, which has the \brokenline and \versephantom
commands for setting lines like these. This would be one line, as far
as the line counter is concerned, although it is divided among two
speakers. Poemscol works smoothly with dramatist, I understand.

John Burt