[texhax] Problem with dviout

Michael Barr barr at math.mcgill.ca
Mon Sep 3 01:01:24 CEST 2007

You were right; the route to mf was not in the path (but why didn't the
installation program do that?).  Now there are new errors:

C:\math>C:\TEXLIV~1\bin\win32\mktexpk.exe --mfmode / --dpi 600 --bdpi 600
--mag
600/600 cmr6
mktexpk: C:\Users\Michael
Barr/.texlive2007/texmf-var/fonts//pk/ljfour/public/cm
//cmr6.600pk already exists.
C:\Users\Michael
Barr/.texlive2007/texmf-var/fonts//pk/ljfour/public/cm//cmr6.60
0pk

The claim is that the font already exists.  Fine, but it is not being
found by dviout.  There were repeated errors like that and then the final
display was blank.  I assume that there are additional environment
variables to be set, but I thought the lsr file contained all that
information.  And yes, I did run mktexlsr (having added some addtional
files, mainly for xypic).

Incidentally, the help files for dviout are useless since they are
apparently in previous format for, say, XP, and not valid under vista.
Wonderful!

Michael