[texhax] Problem with Adobe Reader 8

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Wed Oct 31 12:08:58 CET 2007

On Wed, 31 Oct 2007, Martin Schröder wrote:

> 2007/10/30, Pierre MacKay <pierre.mackay at comcast.net>:
> > What has happened is that a large archive of DOI documents, that
> > happened to be distilled using Ghostscript, and that displayed perfectly
> > in Adobe 6 and Adobe 7, has now been made worthless.  My own
>
> Why? This looks like a bug in AR8.
Has anyone filed a bug report with Adobe? Their Linux AR folks at:

   http://www.adobeforums.com/cgi-bin/webx/.3bc433df/

are usally pretty responsive when issues are pointed out to them.

Now I notice that in the test-gs example that Herbert posted:

   http://perce.de/temp/test-gs.pdf

the text displays properly with AR7.0.9 but it does not
cut-n-paste properly. Therefore I suspect the problem
might have to do with the UTF encoding.

Cheers,

James