[texhax] Problem with Adobe Reader 8

Herbert Voss Herbert.Voss at fu-berlin.de
Tue Oct 30 16:52:57 CET 2007

Michael Barr schrieb:
 > Last week someone posted a query about Adobe Reader, v. 8, saying
that it did not render ligatures correctly (or at all) on files created
by tex.  I don't recall if it was files converted by dvipdfm or from
pdf{tex,latex}.  I have not tested the latter, but I have no problem
whatever with files converted by dvipdfm.  To be precise, I am using
version 8.1.1, which is what they are currently distributing.  In any
case, there are a number of free pdf renderers.

compare
http://perce.de/temp/test-distiller.pdf
http://perce.de/temp/test-gs.pdf

Herbert