[texhax] [pdftex] DVI to HTML mechanism demo

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Oct 30 12:15:13 CET 2007

William:

> > Whoever let HTML escape into the wide world has a lot to answer
> > for...!!
>
> I've often wondered how different things might've been if Tim Berners-
> Lee had started w/ TeXView.app as the basis for his worldwideweb.app
> --- certainly a .dvi format which _did not_ hard code line breaks and
> which would allow information to re-flow and would support hyperlinks
> is an interesting idea --- tagged .pdf has some of that, but I've
> been surprised that there hasn't been some effort in the ebook
> community to create something like to that --- if there has been,
> I've missed it.

Why not build it now?

You seem to know how.  If utterly beautiful typeset pages were to
appear, it could be a next wave.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu