[texhax] Not-for-print pages in LaTeX output

Dan Hatton vi5u0-texhax at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Oct 27 00:32:06 CEST 2007

On Fri, 26 Oct 2007, Eduardo M KALINOWSKI wrote:

> If there is nothing after the appendices, you can just put
> \end{document} and everything after it will be ignored.
>
> If not, the comment package can help you.

Thanks very much, that's a good start.  However, it's not quite what
I'm looking for.  Either of the options you suggest would give me the
option, by a small edit of the LaTeX file, of either including the
relevant material in the DVI file as normal or not including it at
all.  What I'd really like is to include the relevant material in the
DVI file (and thence in a postscript or PDF file,) but with an
instruction that it should be handled differently, depending whether
the document is being viewed on screen or printed.  For example, one
possibility that looks promising on a glance at the PDF Reference
<http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference_1-7.pdf>
(p. 581) would be setting the PrintPageRange key in the PDF file.  Is
there a LaTeX package that does something like this?

[Stop press: formulate the question right and Google will answer.  I
think the pdfprintpagerange option of the hyperref package might do
what I need.]

--

Regards,

Dan