[texhax] geometry package

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Sun Oct 21 19:54:59 CEST 2007

Eric:

> Does anyone know of a simple latex package for drawing the kind of
> diagrams found in basic geometry? Or a nice tutorial on how to draw such
> diagrams using latex?

Two possibilities are xfig and pstricks.  I'm working on a paper and
using xfig for the geometry diagrams - it's nice because it is
extremely precise, with a grid system and editing.  One can export the
results as an eps that works just fine in LaTeX.  Pstricks can be used
directly in LaTeX and it's quite powerful.  Of course you have to
build the entire figure in either of these systems.  (To find them,
just google for xfig and pstricks.)

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu