[texhax] Found one more character I need...

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Oct 4 05:33:46 CEST 2007

Susan K. Pinter writes:

 > I used the following that was suggested by Alex Retif (\k{a} \k{e} \l  with
 > \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} in the preamble) and it works great.  I was also
 > able to use the suggestions provided by Stanislaw (\char"A6 or \char"AA)
 > for a few of the fonts I needed and they work as well.

 > Not sure what you mean by "Jacko's fonts with proper encoding".  I'm a
 > "simple" TeX user compared to what you fellows have been discussing.  :-)

Try:

\usepackage{lmodern}
\usepackage[QX]{fontenc}
\usepackage[cp1250]{inputenc}

As far as I know qx-encoding had been designed for Polish.
I'm not sure whether cp1250 is appropriate for Polish.

More info about Jacko's fonts (LatinModern) at:

   http://www.gust.org.pl/projects/e-foundry/latin-modern

BTW,

 > \parindent 0pt
 > \parskip =9pt