[texhax] Rotating tables in pdf

Diego Meschini diego.meschini at phys.jyu.fi
Mon Nov 5 18:49:16 CET 2007

Dear all,

I was wondering if you could help me solve the following problem.

I have two tables that I'm displaying in landscape format. For this I
use \usepackage[dvips]{graphicx} and \usepackage[dvips]{rotating} in the
preamble and the sidewaystable environment for the tables themselves.
The output looks fine in ps format. In pdf format, however, the tables
are placed correctly on the pages, but the pages themselves are shown in
the landscape orientation (they stick out, so to speak).

What could I do to fix this? As I'm using pstricks commands elsewhere, I
think I may need to keep the [dvips]-option in the packages above, but
perhaps you know better how to make everything work.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Diego (using texlive-full in Ubuntu 7.10)