[texhax] A most basic question

Juergen Fenn juergen.fenn at GMX.DE
Tue May 22 23:54:04 CEST 2007

"Thomas, Susan A" <sa.thomas at pnl.gov> writes:

> I am trying to start using the TeXnicCenter, but I can't make any
> progress in the configuration wizard because I'm supposed to have
> "already installed a TeX-distribution."  After much searching, I can't
> find in any of the online documentation how to do that!  Help??

MiKTeX and TeXLive have already been mentioned. Perhaps the hints by
Joachim Schlosser on how to install a complete TeX setup (by now
translated into English) can help you on: MiKTeX, TeXnicCenter,
Emacs+AUCTeX, ispell, installation and using of the latest version of
tex4ht, Ghostscript...

  LaTeX -- a complete setup for Windows
  http://schlosser.info/latexsystem-en.html
  http://schlosser.info/downloads/latexsystem-en.pdf