[texhax] how to get fancyhdr working in refman: refart, refrep

Fehd, Ronald J. (CDC/CCHIS/NCPHI) rjf2 at CDC.GOV
Fri Mar 30 23:50:21 CEST 2007

Hi Krewe

I am resuming work on my book
and have settled on the refman class as
The Way To Go.

http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/refman/refman.upl

Conveniently for me, I have found, after reading
Single Sourcing: Building Modular Documentation
by Kurt Ament
that I can develop a chapter using refart
and plug the body into refrep with no problems.

But, since I want to publish this primarily as a .pdf
I would like to add a hyperlink to the Table of Contents
in the footer.

Not!
the refart \markboth happens before I can load hyperref
because I get an error saying undefined string: \hyper at ref

Q: Is there any easy way to get fancyhdr working in ref*
without hacking the ref*.cls?

thanx for your help on this

Ron Fehd  the {SAS} macro maven  CDC Atlanta GA USA RJF2 at cdc dot gov

Single Sourcing: Building Modular Documentation