[texhax] problems with pdflatex and adobe 8 (I think)

Joaquim Dias jdias at civil.ist.utl.pt
Fri Mar 23 23:51:14 CET 2007

Hello,

I have the WinEdt 5.5 (beta 4) installed on my PC. I have also the adobe
reader 7, and everything works just fine when I produce pdflatex documents.

I'm going to travel, so I decided to install the WinEdt also on my laptop,
where I have the adobe reader 8. Now, I have this document, produced with
the memoir class, and it simply doesn't work. The formulas and the math
symbols and the bullets in the lists (and maybe other things) are not ok. It
looks like a sans serif font is being chosen for the math symbols, and the
symbols are not defined on that font (I don't know).

The WinEdt Team says it has nothing to do with them, and they suggested me
to contact you. Can you help me please?

Thanks,

Joaquim Dias