[texhax] Very pale brightness with Adobe Reader print (was: Font size changed by Adobe Reader)

Rodolfo Medina rodolfo.medina at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 13:17:14 CET 2007

Rodolfo Medina <rodolfo.medina at gmail.com> writes:

>> After running TeX (plain TeX), I convert dvi into ps with:
>>
>>  $ dvips file.dvi -o
>>
>> , then ps into pdf with:
>>
>>  $ ps2pdf file.ps
>>
>> . Now, if I print the file.pdf using Linux all seems to go well; instead, if
>> open the file through MS Windows and Adobe Reader and then print it, I see
>> that the font size is smaller: a 12pt becomes 11pt or so.
>>
>> Can anybody please suggest a possible solution?
>> I need using MS Windows to print my files because I'm often out of home and
>> then apply to printing shops that only have MS Windows.

The problem is solved setting the Page Scaling option to `None' in Adobe Reader
print dialog window, as suggested by Yuri Robbers.

But now, another problem: the print comes out very pale. I tried all the
possible settings and options in print dialog window with no result: please,
can anybody help also with this matter?

I wish to avoid using MS Word and to use TeX in its place to print my
documents, but to do that I need the print to be all right whatever the printer
is.

Thanks in advance,
Rodolfo