[texhax] March 2007 TUG news: software, conferences

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Mar 3 19:00:16 CET 2007

Dear TeX users,

- Software: as has been previously announced, TeX Collection 2007 has been
  released.  It includes new versions of MacTeX for MacOSX
  and proTeXt for Windows, as well as the cross-platform
  TeX Live and a snapshot of the CTAN archives.
  http://tug.org/texcollection/

  It is currently at the production company, and the
  physical DVDs and CDs should ship to user group members
  soon.  Since there was no software release in 2006, the
  2007 version will also be shipped to TUG members for 2006.

- Conferences in Europe:
  The first international ConTeXt conference will take
  place in Epen, The Netherlands, on March 24-25, 2007.
  http://context.aanhet.net/epen2007/

  EuroBachoTeX 2007 will be held in Bachotek, Poland,
  April 28 to May 2, 2007.  Abstracts for presentations are
  very welcome, and due March 5.
  http://www.gust.org.pl/conferences/EuroBachoTeX2007/

- TUG conference in North America:
  TUG 2007 will be held in San Diego, California, July 17-20, 2007,
  on the campus of San Diego State University.
  http://tug.org/tug2007/

  The theme of TUG'07 is "Practicing TeX", and we want to
  especially encourage practical presentations of the sort
  given at the Practical TeX conferences the last few
  years.  (There will be no separate PracTeX conference in
  the USA in 2007.)  Abstracts for presentations are due
  April 23.  http://tug.org/tug2007/cfp.html

  The web site also has a registration form, accommodation
  information, etc.  There is very inexpensive on-campus
  housing available, and several hotels close by.
  https://www.tug.org/tug2007/register.html

  The first day of the conference will be devoted to
  tutorials.  We expect to hold one all-day session on
  LaTeX, and a parallel session on a variety of topics,
  including ConTeXt, MetaPost, and LuaTeX.
  http://tug.org/tug2007/workshops.html

  Finally, Peter Wilson of his own Herries Press has
  graciously accepted our invitation to be the keynote
  speaker at TUG 2007.  Over the many years of his
  involvement with TeX, Peter has created the noteworthy
  memoir package, archaic and bookhands font collections,
  the Glisterings column for TUGboat, and much more.  He
  talks about his background and interests in his interview
  at http://tug.org/interviews.

  I hope to see you in San Diego!

- Finally, I'd like to remind all TUG members that there is a
  mailing list for members only, accessible from
  http://lists.tug.org/members.  General suggestions,
  questions, and discussion about TUG (or TeX) are welcome
  in that forum.  Of course, we also welcome questions or
  comments at any time to the TUG board, at board at tug.org.

Best wishes,
Karl Berry (President) on behalf of the TUG Board
http://www.tug.org/