[texhax] Bibliography style

Wouter Bolsterlee uws at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 29 23:02:57 CEST 2007

2007-06-25 klockan 23:31 skrev Axel E. Retif:
> On 25 Jun, 2007, at 16:00, when harry met sally wrote:
> > I am writing a thesis using the files provided at my institution,
> > but the default is \bibliography{plain} which produces numbered
> > references. I want my references to appear as in astronomy
> > journals, in author, year format. I have tried using chicago.bst
> > and aas.bst but that does not produce the exact form I want.
> > (author, year with no square brackets around it). What else can I try?
>
> Read natbib.pdf. It should be in the doc section of your distribution.

The original poster should try \usepackage{natbib} in the preamble of the
document, and \bibliographystyle{plainnat} in the body. All \cite commands
should be changed into one of the natbib commands, such as \citet, \citep,
\citeauthor, and \citeyear.

  mvrgr, Wouter

--
:wq                                                       mail uws at xs4all.nl
                                                      web http://uwstopia.nl

i was alone :: falling free :: trying my best not to forget       -- placebo